I have never done this before, but I know it is important to be thankful for the little things in life. As I find out more about this challenge, I will put more info here.
I found out about this challenge from A Holy Experience by Ann Voskamp. She writes: “The whole collection of this year’s Joy Dare – to keep Jesus at the center of everyday…”. Now isn’t this exactly what we want?
From the “January Joy Dare”
3 Gifts Heard – 1/1/14
- “Firecrackers & Shotguns” announcing the New Year
- “Happy New Year dear, I love you, see you in the morning”
- “Guess what … I stayed up all night!”
A gift outside, inside, on a plate – 1/2/14
- outside – snow falling quietly
- inside – everyone home
- on a plate – homemade “chips”
3 Graces you overheard – 1/3/14
- “I love you baby girl”
- “Some one wants me to shovel their driveway!”
- “I’d rather snuggle…”
A Gift Old, New, Blue – 1/4/14
- “Old Love – my husband!”
- “New Love – my daughter & fiance”
- New blue hairdryer warming up wet gloves
Something you are Reading, Making, Seeing – 1/5/14
- Reading – God’s Word = so soothing lately!
- Making – Homemade Chili & Biscuits = great on a cold day!
- Seeing – Ashley come in the door after her car accident tonight = tears in my eyes! Thank you Father!!!
One thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart – 1/6/14
- My bag – new book Audrey Bunny by Angie Smith
- My fridge – being thankful there is food there, esp. fresh eggs from a local farmer
- My heart – Birthday boy today = youngest, where does the time go?
Three graces from people you love – 1/7/14
- “Thank you for going with me to the VA hospital today.”
- “Oh, my new rock display racks are cool!”
- “The doctor said there was more damage to my knee than he thought, but it looks and feels great today!”